The Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological
Trust Historic Environment Record
following information has been provided under the terms and conditions
of access as detailed on GGAT’s website www.ggat.org.uk.
Copyright is reserved on all data supplied by the GGAT HER Charitable Trust.
All output resulting from the use of the data must acknowledge the source
from information held by the GGAT HER Charitable Trust copyright.
data below is intended to be used for information and research only and
is not for use as part of a commercial project. If you wish to use
information derived from material held by the GGAT HER Charitable Trust
for publication in printed or multimedia form or to compile resources for
commercial use, prior permission must be obtained in writing. For further
information or to arrange a visit to the Trust please send an enquiry form
TREDEGAR TOWN CLOCK
Primary Reference Number (PRN) : 02336g Trust : Glamorgan Gwent Community : Tredegar Unitary authority : Blaenau Gwent NGR : SO14160883 Site Type (preferred type first) : Post-Medieval Clock tower Status : listed building II*
Summary : Tredegar Town Clock.
Description : Tredegar Town Clock is set within a prominent location on The Circle in Tredegar. A committee to erect a clock was set up by Mrs Davies, wife of the Tredegar Ironworks manager, of Bedwellty House. Its construction was completed in 1859.