CPAT Regional Historic Environment Record The following information is from the
on-line database 'Archwilio'. Use the icons in the sources section below to download further digital information.
Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway, Overton-on-Dee railway station
Primary Reference Number (PRN) : 72342 Trust : Clwyd Powys Community : Overton Unitary authority : Wrexham NGR : SJ38834066 Site Type (preferred type first) : POST MEDIEVAL RAILWAY STATION Status :
Description : Overton Station - a stop on the Wrexham & Ellesmere railway. It was opened in 1895 and closed in 1962. The station was built on Lightwood Green which was once one of the biggest areas of unenclosed common land in Maelor (Pratt, D, 1999, 126-9).
Opened 2/11/1895 and closed 10/9/1962 (Pratt, Derrick, 2009, pp118).
Done, B and Williams, B , 1992 , Overton in Times Past A Brief History
Jackson, A F M , 1987 , The Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway
Pratt, D , 1999 , Memories of the Wrexham & Ellesmere railway: A Personal Odyssey. Part 2 , Transactions of the Denbighshire Historical Society : 48 : 95-141
Pratt, Derrick , 2009 , Withered branches: Wrexham's vanished railways , Denbighshire Historical Society Transactions : 57 : 109-190