CPAT Regional Historic Environment Record The following information is from the
on-line database 'Archwilio'. Use the icons in the sources section below to download further digital information.
Cloy Halt; Cae Dyah Halt
Primary Reference Number (PRN) : 72340 Trust : Clwyd Powys Community : Overton Unitary authority : Wrexham NGR : SJ39594202 Site Type (preferred type first) : Modern Railway station Status :
Description : Cloy Halt - a stop on the Wrexham & Ellesmere railway. It was opened on the 30th June 1932 as Cae Dyah Halt. There was no siding, just a very short platform on the 'Up' side - timber front, back-filled with ash, with barely enough room to carry the standard issue GWR corrugated shelter and the huge sign board 'Cloy Halt'. It closed on 10th September 1962 (Pratt, D, 1999, 125-6).
Pratt, D , 1999 , Memories of the Wrexham & Ellesmere railway: A Personal Odyssey. Part 2 , Transactions of the Denbighshire Historical Society : 48 : 95-141